Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Love Story

The Book of Ruth is a love story from beginning
to end. God's hand is in every twist and turn. He
brought the women to Bethlehem, the House of
Bread, at the beginning of the barely harvest. Ruth
goes out to glean and "just happens," to choose the
field owned by Boaz, who is a relative of Naomi.
Listen to their first conversation:

Boaz: "Glean from my field and not any other. 
Have I not charged the men not to touch you?"

Ruth: "Why have I found such favor in your eyes?"

Boaz: "All that you have done for your mother-in-
law since the death of your husband has been fully
told to me. May the Lord, the God of Israel, fully
reward you, under whose wings you have come 
to take refuge."

I love that last phrase. Actually, all the words of
Boaz make my heart sing.

Reader, don't you think that Ruth returned to
Naomi that day with a light step, a song on her
lips, and a blush on her cheeks? And I bet, they
laughed, really laughed together--well, certainly
a smile.

check out the website:
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com

No comments: