Thursday, April 16, 2015

For Women Only

Since the post yesterday was something that men find not
very doable, I decided to go for broke and share another
post that will delight many women who read the blog.

When I was young, I had a great imagination. I loved to
imagine that one day a young man would sweep me
off my feet, rescue me on a white horse, marry me, and
we would live happily ever after. Well, a young man did
indeed come along and he did sweep me off my feet, but
living happily together all the time didn't even last through
the Honeymoon. We have very different ways of looking
at things and each of us was mostly self focused. Does
that sound familiar? It has been a journey.

Now, back to the hero on the white horse, the prince, the
castle, the happily ever after. Think of Snow White, and
Cinderella. Are they really Fairy Tales or is there some
truth that connects to us in the deepest part of our being?
Think of all the places in scripture that speak of the Bride
dressed in white, the handsome Groom, the Wedding, the
living together forever. Jesus even shows up on a white
horse! I believe that He will appear suddenly and sweep
us into heaven and so we will be forever with the Lord.
(Matt 24:44; 1Cor. 15:51; Eph 5:31,32; IThes 4:16-18
Rev. 19:6-8;11-16)

Papa--Thank you for sending a King to earth to defeat
evil and to make us pure and holy. I am so looking
forward to that day when He comes to get me and
sweeps me into his arms--His, forever His!

Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: