Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Full, Not Empty

Naomi felt empty, but, in fact, God has provided her
with a friend, a companion, a daughter. Ruth,
Naomi's daughter-in-law, left everything and went
with Naomi to a land unseen, to a people unknown.
What was it about Ruth that she was able to give
herself in this way to an unhappy, bitter woman?
Ruth had found Naomi's God:

"...Ruth said to her, 'Do not urge me to leave you
or return from following you. For where you go I
will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your
people shall be my people, and your God my God.
Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried.
May the Lord do so to me and more also if 
anything parts me from you'"

Naomi returned to the House of Bread, the house of
plenty because God gave to her, a daughter. Naomi
was, in reality, full, not empty.

Reader--What is the blessing that stands next to
you, but which is invisible to your eyes? 

No comments: