Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"Wives, Submit..."


Yuk! I don’t want to have to do this verse. Would love to leave 
it out, but here goes...

“Wives submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting
in the Lord.”  (Colossians 3:18)

Then there is the verse in Ephesians:

“Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For
the husband is head of the wife even as Christ is head of
the Church, his body...”  (Ephesians 5:22,23)

Strongs Concordance: To subordinate, be in subjection to.

Paul says the same thing to both churches. What tough verses 
to consider in our culture in the 21st century! Well, perhaps, Paul 
was writing just to the church at that time and it has nothing to do 
with me today? Ah, but there is the little phrase indicating that I am 
to submit to my husband as to the Lord, which ruins my argument. 
My flesh rebels at this thought. I don’t want to submit--to either of 
them. As I am thinking this through and trying to figure out what 
is being said, I think of something we are going through in the present.

I want to retire from the Northern Virginia area and move to Arizona 
where I can be near a beloved grandchild, but my husband has an 
interesting, fulfilling job here and is certainly not ready to retire. My 
decision is to defer to Glen and appeal to God who has the plan, and,
who knows my desires. I know from experience that God has been 
very good to me and will not withhold His best from me, so why are 
we still here? 

Papa, you know what I want and you know what Glen wants and they
seem to be so different. I am willing to walk with you through this 
season with the attitude that You are in charge of Glen. I choose 
to wait on You. 

See my NEW story:

No comments: