Friday, June 8, 2012

Flesh vrs. Faith


Flesh and faith are opposites. When I am living out of my own resources 
to get life and to get life to work, I walk in despair. Oh, if something goes 
right I soar to the top but when my efforts bring failure I plunge down.
Life becomes a roller coaster. I mean, really, how much control do I have?  
When I take time to listen to God and ponder His love and His power, 
I get a new perspective on my situation and my emotions settle down. 
You see, faith has hope in all things. 
“Now faith is the assurance of (things)
hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1.
Dear reader, it is one thing to quote a verse; it is another thing 
to make it my own, to ponder it, embrace it and live it out.  
Papa, My desire is to live out of the life of Jesus and not try to fix 
everything--and everyone, but to be content in whatever comes my way.  
You put the hopes and dreams into my heart, and I believe that You will 
bring them to pass in Your own time and in Your own way.

Faith and contentment walk hand in hand.

No comments: