Friday, May 11, 2012

Ponder This!


But the Lord was pleased
To crush Him, putting Him to grief...
He Himself bore the sin of many,
And interceded for the transgressor. 
                  Is. 53:10,12

He (Papa God) made Him (His Son)
who knew no sin, to be sin, that we
might become the righteousness of God.
                  2 Cor. 5:21
I cannot think of a single “god” out there who is all about giving 
and sacrifice for his adherents. No, in every story “the god” 
is brutally demanding of his subjects, sometimes to the point 
of shedding their own blood. It is always, “Do this, do that and
 then I might help you;  I might show you favor.” 
Our God hung on a cross and died a brutal death so that we 
might be righteous as He is righteous. 
“IT IS FINISHED.”
I don’t know about you, dear reader, but I want to love, honor,
and adore the One who loved me enough to pay the ultimate
price in order to make me His own. It is always and forever about
HIM!

No comments: