Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Peace

Being justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

I hear the words of love,
I gaze upon the blood,
I see the mighty sacrifice,
And I have peace with God.

'Tis everlasting peace!
Sure as Jehovah's name;
'Tis stable as His steadfast throne,
For evermore the same.

The clouds may come and go,
And storms may sweep my sky--
This blood-sealed friendship changes
     not:
The cross is ever nigh.

My love is oft times low,
My joy still ebbs and flows;
But peace with Him remains the same--
No change Jehovah knows.

I change, He changes not,
The Christ can never die;
His love, not mine, the resting place,
His truth, not mine, the tie.
Horatius Bona 1808-89

Reader, I LOVE the old hymns because they contain
so many truths from the pens of Godly men and wo-
men. They fill my heart with hope and a re-assurance
of where I stand with God. May this hymn give you
peace today.


No comments: