Friday, November 9, 2018

Outrageous Faith

I have faith in God that it will happen just as he 
told me. Acts 27:25

A number of years ago I went to America with a steam-
ship captain who was a very devoted Christian. When
we were off the coast of Newfoundland, he said to me,
"The last time I sailed here, which was five weeks ago,
something happened that revolutionized my entire 
Christian life. I had been on the bridge for 24 hours
straight when George Mueller of Bristol, England, 
who was a passenger on board, came to me and said, 
'Captain I need to tell youth I must be in Quebec on
Saturday afternoon.' I replied, 'That is impossible.'
'Very well,' Mueller responded, 'If your ship cannot
take me, God will find some other way, for I have
never missed an engagement in fifty-seven years. Let's
go down to the chartroom to pray.'

"I looked at this man of God and thought to myself,
'What a lunatic asylum did he escape from?' I had never
encountered someone like this. 'Mr Mueller,' I said,
'Do you not realize how dense the fog is?' He replied,
'No. My eye is not on the dense fog, but on the living
God, who controls every circumstance of my life.'

"He then knelt down and prayed one of the most simple
prayers I have ever heard. When he had finished, I 
started to pray but he put his hand on my shoulder and
told me not to pray. He said, 'First, you do not believe
God will answer, and second, I BELIEVE HE HAS.
Consequently, there is no need whatsoever for you to
pray about it.

"As I looked at him, he said, 'Captain, I have known my
Lord for 57 years, and there has never been even a single
day that I have failed to get an audience with the King.
Get up, Captain, and open the door and you will see that
the fog is gone.' I got up, and indeed the fog was gone. 
And on Saturday afternoon George Mueller was at the
afternoon meeting in Quebec. 

Reader, this is one of the most encouraging things I
have read in a long time. I have a promise from God
but have wondered, as the years went on, if I needed
to fast and pray more to see it answered, but the verse
above has answered that burning question: "I have
faith in God that it will happen just as He told me."
God has spoken and He will do it. Hallelujah!

No comments: