Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Absolute Surrender

Searching through my library I came across a dogeared
book by Andrew Murray called Absolute Surrender. He
hits the nail on the head and since he wrote it when there
were no copyrights, I am free to write from his words in
detail. I will break up the first chapter into small bits.

My Lord, O King, according to thy saying, I am thine
and all that I have.  1 Kings 20:4

The context is very interesting but it is the words of Ahab
that are the focus here. 'The condition of God's blessing is
absolute surrender of all into His hands. Praise God! If our
hearts are willing for that, there is no end to what God will
do for us, and to the blessing God will bestow.' Murray
goes on to say:

'In Scotland once I was in a company where we were talk-
ing about the condition of Christ's Church, and what was
the greatest need of the Church and of the believers; and
an elderly missionary said that "the condition for obtaining
God's full blessing is absolute surrender to Him.'"

Murray goes on to say, 'I desire by God's grace to give to
you this message--that your God in heaven answers the
prayers which you have offered for blessings on yourselves
and for blessing on those around you by this one demand:
Are you willing to surrender yourselves absolutely into His
hands? What is our answer to be? God knows there are hun-
dress of hearts who have said it, and there are hundreds
more who long to sati but hardly dare to do so. And there
are hearts who have said it, but who have yet miserably
failed, and who feel themselves condemned because they
did not find the secret of the power to live that life.'

Reader, I have asked God to lead me ahead of you so that
my words are not that of a hypocrite. I have obviously
read this book many times in the past, but it is new to me.
I so desire to be a green tree in my old age. What about
you? Well, I am not saying that any of you are currently
old! But, wouldn't it be wonderful to grasp this now?




No comments: