Tuesday, June 6, 2017

His Will, Not Mine

Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Matthew 6:10

Reader, I have spoken these words through my
childhood and on into adulthood, but have never
pondered the meaning. In fact I have often let
my mind wander as I said The Lord's Prayer. I
have included a few thoughts of Andrew Murray's
on what we are saying when we pray this line.

In the will of God, we have the perfect expression
of His Divine perfection. He is the fullness of all 
beauty and blessedness. His divine wisdom and
goodness are made known to us, and through His 
will, men can know God. It is the only sure way 
to fellowship and union with the Father.

When the Christian learns to see God's will in
everything that happens to him--grievous or
pleasing; great or small--the prayer, "Thy will
be done," will become the a place of adoration
and praise. Happy is the Christian who receives
everything in his life as the will His Father.

"Thy will be done, as in heaven so on earth,"
becomes the expression of fellowship with God.
This prayer needs your whole heart. It needs the
teaching and indwelling of Jesus Christ in the
heart to be able to pray it correctly. It calls for 
heart, a will, and a life entirely given up to the 
Father in heaven, by His Spirit in us to bring us
into understanding. 

May the glory of God shine in us and through us!

Reader, the doing of things is easy compared to
surrender as we walk through life. I am so aware
these days, of the need to fall forward and trust
His will for my life.

No comments: