Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Three Pictures

What was Jesus like?  What did He look like? We
find the answer in Isaiah 53.

"...He grew up before Him like a tender shoot
And like a root out of dry ground;
He has no stately form or majesty
That we should look upon Him.
Nor appearance that we should desire Him...
He was despised and we esteemed Him not."

In contrast, we find the Bride speaking of her Groom,
perhaps after the Rapture?

My beloved is dazzling and ruddy,
Outstanding among ten thousand...
His mouth is full of sweetness.
And he is wholly desirable.
This is my beloved; this is my friend.
Song Of Solomon 5: 10,16

And then there is this picture:

...in the middle of the lamp stands (stood) one like
the Son of Man, clothed in a robe reaching to the
feet, and girded across His breast with a golden
girdle. And His head and His hair were white like
wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame 
of fire; and His feet were like burnished bronze, 
when it has been caused to glow in a furnace, and
His voice was like the sound of many waters...His
face was like the sun shining in strength. And when
I saw Him, I fell at His feet as a dead man. He laid
His right hand upon me (John), saying,
"Do not be afraid: I am the first and the last, and the
living One; and I was dead, and, behold, I am alive
forever more." (Rev 1)

Oh, reader, we have three pictures of the same Man!
The last picture would freeze my blood if I did not
know Him in the second picture. John was the one
who was known as the beloved, who rested on Jesus'
chest at the last supper. He was undone not by His
risen Lord, but Christ in full glory.

Our Lord told us to be alert, to watch, to be sober as
events begin to point to His soon coming. We are to
long for this event as a bride longs for her wedding
day! As I look at the fast changes our world is
undergoing, the technology in place, the shadows
and patterns throughout scripture, I know that He is at
the very door.  Maranatha!


No comments: