Saturday, April 22, 2017

So Much More

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is not longer 
I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which 
I now live in the flesh I live *by the faith of the Son 
of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for 
me. (Gal 2:20--*KJV. The rest is the ASV)

Both versions actually mean, according to the Greek,
that at some point (long ago) something took place
and the effects continue to live on.

Over the last ten or so years I have seen the Christian
Life from a different perspective, from God's
perspective. 'I have been crucified with Christ.'
What was crucified?
Our old man was crucified, the one that came with our
first birth in Adam. Then when Christ comes into us we
are birthed again into Jesus Christ, the last Adam. All
things become new. In Romans 6 we read that we were 
buried with Him and then raised to new life and are, in 
fact, seated at His right hand. So now, the life that we 
live, we live by the faith of the Son of God. So, we
were crucified 2,000 years ago and all of our sins were
placed under the blood. True, we had not committed any
sins then. But think of this. The concept of God being
outside of time is very significant because then He can
be at the beginning, the middle and the end of time--at
the same time! All time is present with Him.

Reader, an understanding of this has helped me to step
out from under the law, to live free through His grace.
My identity is firmly fixed in Christ. He looks at identity
not performance. Our identity comes with our new birth.
Everything we do through His strength and power will
be rewarded. Everything we do through our strength and
power, our own resources, our own flesh, will burn. I am
no longer a sinner, but a saint who sometimes sins. I am
in covenant with the living God. Yes, there are
consequences to messing up, but look at the Corinthians.
Paul called them 'saints!'

If this is totally new to you and astounds you, join the
90% of Christians who live in bondage to a law of
their own making. I have spent most of my Christian
life trying to please God and everyone else through
performance. 


1 comment:

inChristalone~Megan Vance said...

Hello,
I concur with your remarks. We are HIS workmanship, and only what He does through us will last. Would love if you would check out my blog as well.
Grace and Peace.
Megan