Monday, March 20, 2017

The Living God

Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, 
whom you serve continually, been able to rescue 
you? (Daniel 6:20)

'"One day I came to know Dr. John Douglas Adam,"
wrote Charles Trumbull. "I learned he considered
his greatest spiritual asset to be his unwavering
awareness of the actual presence of Jesus. Nothing
sustained him as much, he said, as the realization
that Jesus was always actually present with him.
This realization was totally independent of his own
feelings, his worthiness, his perceptions as to how
Jesus would demonstrate His presence.

"Furthermore, he said Christ was the center of his
thoughts. Whenever his mind was free from other
means, it would turn to Christ. Whenever he was
alone, no matter where he was, he would talk 
aloud to Christ as easily and as naturally as to any 
human friend. That is how very real Jesus' actual 
presence was to him."' (Streams in the Desert)

Dear reader, this portion that I read a couple of days
ago has had a huge impact on my unruly thoughts.
So many things are in upheaval and it has been easy
for me to, well, fret. I put on the armor each day but
I have left the sword behind. Last night in my sleepy
state these words came to me, "Jane, My grace is 
sufficient for you." That is the truth and I can lift up
my heart with these words every time thoughts arise
that pull me down; in every situation.


1 comment:

Dixie said...

Encouraging words. Thanks.