Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Words of Love

'See what kind of love the Father has given
to us, that we should be called children of
God; and so we are.'  (1John 3:1)

I hear the words of love,
I gaze upon the blood,
I see the mighty sacrifice
And I have peace with God.

'Tis everlasting peace!
Sure as Jehovah's Name;
'Tis stable as His steadfast throne,
For evermore the same.

The clouds may come and go,
And storms may sweep my sky
This blood-sealed friendship changes not
The cross is ever nigh.

My love is oft-times low,
My joy still ebbs and flows;
But peace with Him remains the same
No change Jehovah knows.

I change, He changes not,
The Christ can never die;
His love, not mine, the resting place,
His truth, not mine, the tie.
(Horatius Bonar)

Reader, you are sealed into Him and that
never changes-- on His side.
'Does God seem far away?
Well, who do you think moved?'

No comments: