Friday, February 3, 2017

Keep to the Point

Distractions abound in our snow/ice bound world. It is
hard to focus on anything other than the snow, the cold,
and the re-arranging of schedules--for weeks now. You
have no idea how much snow there can be on a roof
when it is four feet high! It has to be re-moved because
of the weight; that which comes down must now be
moved away from the house. A quick thaw will flood
and the lowest point is the crawl space which houses
the furnace!

Paul has a different focus:

...my earnest expectation and hope
that in nothing I shall be ashamed...
Phil 1:20

'It's as if Paul were saying, "My determined purpose is
to be my utmost for His highest--my best for His glory."
To reach that level of determination is absolute and
irrevocable surrender of the will. Shut out every
thought and keep yourself before God in this one thing
only--my utmost for His highest. I am determined to
be absolutely and entirely for Him and Him alone.'
Oswald Chambers

Reader, it is time!

No comments: