Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Utter Weakness

                  "Abide in Me and I in you." 
                            John 15:4

"It is when I feel my utter weakness most deeply, and 
fully accept Jesus in His wondrous union to myself as 
my life, that His wondrous power works in me. Then 
am able to lead a life completely beyond what my own 
power could obtain. I begin to see that abiding in Him 
is not a matter of moments or special seasons, but the 
deep life process in which--by His keeping grace--I 
continue without a moment's intermission, and from 
which I act out all my Christian life."
Andrew Murray

Reader, I say with Paul, "Not that I have obtained it, 
or have already become perfect, but I press on in order 
that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid 
hold of by Christ Jesus." (Phil 3:12)


No comments: