Saturday, November 19, 2016

Problem Solved

This is probably one of the most significant posts
you will read on this site. It was taught by the
clergy in the 19th and 20th centuries, but I have
not come across it much in more recent years.

"For as by one man's disobedience the many 
were made sinners, so by the one man's 
obedience, the many will be made righteous. 
(Romans 5:19)

Our despair is in Adam; our hope is in Christ.

But, here is the problem. Seeing that we were born 
in Adam, how can we get out of Adam? The blood 
doesn't cut it. There is only one way. Since we 
came into Adam by birth, we must go out of Adam 
by death. To do away with our sinfulness we must 
do away with our life. What? Yes! Bondage to sin 
came by birth; deliverance from sin comes by death--
His death. God has dealt with us in Christ. If this is 
so, how do we get into Christ? Good question. God 
has put us into Christ. I Corinthians 1:30 states 
this very clearly:

"Of Him (that is of God) are ye in Christ.
We are in so we don't have to try to get in.

The Lord God Himself put us into Christ
Our destiny is bound up in His destiny
What He has gone through, we have also.
When Christ was crucified we were crucified
When Christ was buried we were buried
When Christ rose from the dead, we rose too.
(See Romans 6)

All references to crucifixion in the NT are in the 
Greek aorist tense. "the eternally past tense, the 
once for all tense'

"We know that our old man was crucified 
with him in order that the body of sin might 
be brought to nothing, so that we would no 
longer be enslaved to sin.
'  (Romans 6:6)

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no 
longer I who live, but Christ who lives in 
me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live 
by the faith of the Son of God, who loved 
me and gave himself for me." 
(Galatians 2:20)

"But far be it from me to boast except in the
cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which 
the world has been crucified to me, and I to
the World."  (Galatians 6:14)

Dear reader, the contents of this blog are the
most significant principles I have ever heard.
You see, we were crucified when Christ was
crucified, for God put us in Him. That we have
died in Christ is not merely a doctrinal position
it is an indisputable fact. Read the scriptures
above and meditate on these things.
(Paraphrased from The Normal Christian Life
by Watchman Nee. See a previous post for
his autobiography.)

No comments: