Thursday, September 1, 2016

Rivers of Living Water

'Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus 
stood and cried saying, 'If any man thirsts, let him 
come to me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as 
the scripture hath said, out of him shall flow rivers 
of living water. But this spake he of the Spirit, which
they that believed on him were to receive: for the
Spirit was not yet given; because Jesus was not yet
glorified.'

'... He that believeth on me...out of him shall flow 
rivers of living water.'

This promise is to those who put their trust in Him.
So, what is the promise? That out of each individual
Christian living water shall flow. Thirst-- then the
coming to and believing in--, is followed by a river!

'Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty
again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will
give him will never be thirsty again. The water 
that I will give him will become in him a spring 
of water welling up to eternal life. Jn 4:14

Reader, our God is a God of abundance. He is not
speaking of a little stream, but a torrent. Our lives
are not to be lived under law, but immersed in the
Living Water that flows from within to those around
us, which brings cool refreshment to those who live
in a parched place. It is supposed to be the norm,
but so many believers are living a very dry life.

I love this song:
There's a river of life flowing out of me.
Makes the lame to walk and the blind to see.
Opens prison doors sets the captives free!
There's a river of life flowing out of me.

Spring up O well, within my soul...




No comments: