Thursday, March 24, 2016

Endurance

Reading through His last few days...
Pondering.
Jesus walked it out one step at a time. From
Gethsemane where He sweat great drops of
blood to, "It is finished," He was fully into
suffering at every level.

"With God one day can be a thousand years..."

The night of the Last Supper to the last breath
on the cross was almost a 24 hour day, but
what was it for our Lord and His Father?

"...looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter
of our faith, who, for the joy set before him,
endured the cross, despising the shame..."
(Heb 12:1,2)

Reader, what brings the "joy set before him?"
Is it not you?

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it
we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who
will transform our lowly body to be like his
glorious body, by the power that enables him 
even to subject all things to himself. Therefore,
my brothers, whom I love and long for, my
joy and my crown, stand firm thus in the 
Lord, my beloved." (Phil 3:20-4:1)

Jesus says to you, "Dearly beloved, My joy 
and my crown." 

So, dear one, put on the belt of truth and stand
firm!

No comments: