Thursday, January 28, 2016

Treasures

'Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where
moth and rust destroy; where thieves break in and steal,
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven...for where
your treasure is there is your heart also.' (Matt 6:19)

As I read these verses, my first thought is, 'But here in
the west we must have money, houses, cars, education,
health care plans, retirement plans.' Then I read it again
and I realize that the emphasis is on the last sentence--
'where your heart is.' It is so easy to get caught up in the
world's system in terms of what is important. The world
has only one opportunity for life, lasting but 70-80 years.
My time on this earth is rapidly diminishing!

Christians, on the other hand, step into eternity when they
step into Christ. My life here on earth is a short moment
in light of the eternal riches to be mine. So, with hands
open, I turn from the ads on TV, those things I must have,
to that which will never break, never fade, never age,
which are reserved in heaven for me.

So, reader, as I look at glorious sunrise--beyond my power
to create--I sit in awe of what the Lord has planned. For

'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard what God 
has planned for those who love Him."


No comments: