Monday, July 20, 2015

Merciful Comfort

I must go back and look more closely at what Paul
wrote: "Blessed be the God and Father of our 
Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the 
God of all comfort"

I want to sit here and wrap myself up in the blanket
of comfort. No! I want Him to pull me into His lap
and wrap me into the warmth and comfort of His
arms. I have been running, running, trying to get life
under control, to settle down. Today I took a deep
breath, took the dog for a walk and felt the crisp air
flowing around me as I walked into a shady place.
I took the time to check the vegetable garden and
found that the Squash Bugs had decimated my
Zucchini--overnight! Sigh. I don't have the power
to protect a plant let alone control my life, or the life
of my family.

The God who purchased me by His blood, the God
of mercies, and the God of all comfort, is well able
to handle the stresses of my life. When the ocean
roars and the waves crash against the light house--
His Dwelling Place--I can run in, shut the door and
be safe. I can take all of my problems with me into
the place of His dwelling.

Thank you Papa, that You don't withdraw or scold
when we are independent and distant with You,
but You draw us into your lap and cover us with
kisses.



No comments: