Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sing the Truth!

"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice."
(Phil 3)

There is a melody that goes with these words and
I hum it as I write.

Rejoice: Strongs 5463 Happy or well off; cheerful,
to be glad, to joyfully rejoice.

ALWAYS? Rejoice cheerfully and be glad? In my
circumstances? No, not in the circumstances but in
the Lord of the circumstances. To rejoice in Him
when things are tough takes humility. It is
declaring that God is in charge and He is trust-
worthy. He defeated death. He declared, "It is
finished!" So, no matter what the circumstances,
God's victory is sure.

Reader, do you find this easier said than done?
I do. When things are going well, it is easy to
rejoice, but when my goals are blocked I tend to
tank. Somehow this rejoicing goes deeper than
my feelings. I can be sad at the surface while my
spirit is singing a song of rejoicing. So, don't
beat yourself up when emotions that go south,
just sing the truth!



No comments: