Wednesday, May 13, 2015

God's Feathers

"The Lord is at hand: do not be anxious about 
anything..."

Anything? Wow! How does one not be anxious
when watching the news? Maybe turn the TV off?
Or, do I sit and let the first sentence soak in. The 
Lord is at hand.
In Ps 91 I read:
"He covers me with his feathers and under his 
wings I find refuge."
I recently read that God "lets down the strong
feathers of His protecting care till they sweep the
ground. I can creep closer and closer into the very
down of his body."

Many years ago I was flying into
Tashkent, Uzbekistan, alone, very late in the
evening. It was a five hour flight from Germany.
Would I be met? What about customs? I slipped
into an anxious sleep. As we began the approach
I awakened and "saw" feathers above me. Angel
wings? No, for it was under His wings that I was
resting. This one glimpse brought such peace.
God was at hand. As soon as I left the terminal a
smiling face greeted me. It was midnight.

Reader, I cannot hang on to peace. It is illusive.
I have to return to the words: "The Lord is at
hand."

No comments: