Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Where Shall I Go?

"Where shall I go from your spirit
or where shall I flee from your presence?
(Ps 139:7)

So, how does David feel after reviewing God's
omnipresence? He wants to flee! He wants his
space. He wants God's presence on his terms.
God is much too close. He knows far too much
about David.

What about me? How do I respond to such
intrusive intimacy? Well, it depends on what
kind of day I'm having. It also depends on
how I view God. I can see Him as distant,
objective, a harsh judge, uncaring, or, I can see
Him as loving, compassionate, long suffering,
kind, patient, as one who
"Bears all things,
Believes all things,
Hopes all things,
Endures all things."

His Name is Jesus!

What about you, dear reader, do you
want to flee, fight or...?

Thankfulness Corner:
The doe moving through the corn field


No comments: