Monday, September 16, 2013

Preserve Me!

According to the Chronological Bible, David penned
Psalm 16 in the years prior to his becoming King over
all of Israel. He wrote it during a period of great instability
and bloodshed. We are living in a time of flux and suddenlys.
In the past few days lives have been shattered in the flash 
floods along the mountains of Colorado. Even as I wrote
these words this morning, a shooter at the Navy Yard in DC
sent four men into Eternity. Who knew?

Sometimes scripture is the only way to communicate with
our Lord, and so I pray Davids words out of Ps 16:1,2:

"Preserve me, O God--
     keep me as the apple of your eye
     Hide me in the shadow of your wings. (Ps 17:8)
For I take refuge in You--
     You are my Lord in these times of uncertainty--
I have no good apart from You"--no where to turn.

stories




No comments: