Monday, September 23, 2013

Hearing God

"I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons."
(Psalm 16:7--amp.)

In this verse David acknowledges his source of
wisdom. He knows that whatever wisdom he
has comes from God alone--and, boy, does David
need counsel in the days when everything looks
black! David indicates that God gives instruction,
the next step, the blueprint, through his heart.

How does God speak to you in the night seasons?
Does he write it out on the wall of your room,
speak through storm or fire, through a donkey,
through a verse, or into your heart in a quiet whisper?

I remember a time when I was furious with God.
I very much wanted something concerning my
children and God said, "no." I was physically
stomping around the dining room and complaining
out loud. Then came The Voice: "YOU CHILDREN
ARE MINE; I AM THEIR GOD!" It was loud and
I responded by saying, "You don't have to shout."
But, I really needed to hear the message then, and
continue to need the reminder. It is such a comfort.

God is always speaking...so, how do I miss Him?
stories:
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.html

No comments: