Thursday, May 2, 2013

Judgement?

"It is appointed unto men once to die, but
after this the judgement." (Heb 9:27)

My eyes blurred over. Not only was that
verse underlined but it was highlighted in
my bible! The words rang in my ears, and
my heart sank. The picture of a huge throne
and an even bigger God who leaned down
to pass judgement on me, rose before my
eyes. I then thought of all the things that I
had done--not good. And so it went for many
years. Then I took the time to read the entire
passage but especially the verses before and
after. Context is so important!

"For Christ has entered...into heaven
itself, now to appear in the presence of
God on our behalf...he has appeared 
once for all at the end of the ages to put 
away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
And just as it is appointed for man to die
once, and after that the judgement,
so Christ, having been offered once to 
bear the sins of many, will appear a 
second time, not to deal with sin but 
to save those who are eagerly waiting 
for him." (Heb 9:24,26-28)

This is long, but, dear readers, many of you
are laboring under the fear of death and
judgement just as I was. The author is
emphasizing that Jesus died once to take
care of all of our sin. We died when He died
and the judgement of our sin fell on Him.
We will not be judged for our sin again.
Do you know this gracious God?

Stories:









No comments: