Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dead is Dead


Yesterday I wrote about our hope in His appearing and John says
that such a hope fixed on Him will purify us. (I John 3:3)

Back in Colossians 3 Paul says, “Therefore (since we have this hope
of His appearing) consider the members of your earthly body dead
to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire and greed which amounts
to idolatry.” (Col 3:6)  Verse seven goes on using the past tense...”In them 
you also once walked.” 

When was the last time you saw a corpse smoking? Drinking? Dating?
How about struggling not to sin? 

Dead is dead. 

I used to think that there were two of me. A good me; a bad me-- kind of
like having a white dog and a black dog inside. Then I discovered that 
this does not come from Christianity. So, where does the struggle 
come from? Tomorrow, dear reader. I will look at this tomorrow.

To see my stories, Click here

No comments: