Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Soul Leaks

There is winter in my soul today
I feel:

distant
dry
unfilled
empty

Your promise to me is
Rivers of Living water
Overflow.
My deepest needs cannot be met by people
Like me
The unfilled filling the empty
Does not work
So, with King David, I speak to my soul:
“Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
For I will yet praise Him,
My Savior and my God.
My soul is downcast within me,
Therefore, I will remember You...
Deep calls to deep
In the roar of Your waterfalls
All Your waves and breakers
Have swept over me.
By day the Lord directs Hs Love,
At night His song is with me--
A prayer to the God of my life.”
(Parts of Psalm 42.)
Papa, my dear Papa--
I love the Psalms. I love to pray the Psalms. As I ponder the words of King David, I am encouraged. The “man after God’s own heart,” flounders. The back and forth of Psalm 42 is dynamic.  All through the stanza’s David keeps coming back to You. Weakness gives way to Your strength. 
David s not afraid to express his feelings. You are ever present to meet him where he is. It does not matter how I feel today. The truth is that I am full! You are enough.

2 comments:

DocRox said...

Jane your insights and revelations are inspiring and courageous. I thank God that He is using you as His mouthpiece to bring wisdom, revelation, peace and joy to those who dare to go deeper with Chrsit through the sharing our your experiencee, the scriptures that have spoken to you and the worship music that you share. You are His Beloved. God is gracious. Praise the Lord!
God Bless you,
Roxanne

Jane said...

Thank you, DocRox, you are very encouraging!