Thursday, August 18, 2016

Not My Own

...your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit within
you, whom you have from God. You are not your
own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify
God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19,20)

Oswald Chambers says: 'Never consider whether or
not you are of use--but always consider that, "You
are not your own--" You are His.'

Reader, "useful" is tangible. It is a measuring rod
of fruitfulness. When I am busy accomplishing
something for Jesus, I feel so good about myself!
But scripture teaches that the works of flesh, doing
things in my own strength, profit nothing, but 'it is
the Spirit that gives life.' (John 6:63) So, I fall back
to what is invisible, and unmeasurable. If He chooses
to put me on the shelf, then on the shelf I must stay
until I hear the word, "Go!"

No comments: