Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I Thirst

'As the deer panteth after the water brooks, so panteth
my soul after thee, O God.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God...
(Ps 42: 1,2 KJV)

When Jesus hung on the cross and His thirst became
unbearable, He cried out,
'I thirst.'

We live in a dry and thirsty land spiritually--
'If any man thirst, let him come to me...'

John Monsell penned these words in the 19th century

'I hunger and I thirst;
Jesus my manna be;
Ye living waters, burst
Out of the rock for me.

Thou true life-givng vine,
Let me Thy sweetness prove;
Renew my life with Thine,
Refresh my soul with love.

For still the desert lies
My thirsting soul before;
O living waters rise
Within me evermore.'

O Reader, do you thirst for God? Is He the focus of
your deepest desire? Come to Him. He will not only
quench your thirst, but, 'out of your inner being will
flow rivers of living water.'

No comments: