Monday, June 15, 2015

The God of All Comfort

Don't you love that word "comfort?" It is like a warm
fuzzy blanket before the fire on a cold winter's night;
the hug of a friend in the midst of deep sorrow; the
kiss of a mom when the the milk spills; it is a brilliant
sunset after a hard day.

"God will comfort us on every side"
"In the multitude of my thoughts within me, thy 
comforts delight my soul."
...Comfort ye my people, saith the Lord your God."

Reader, do your really believe that your God is the
God of all comfort? Is your Christian life comfortable
or uncomfortable? Do you know Him as the God who
comforts in all tribulations? Man scolds; God comforts.

Fear not, for you belong to the God of Salvation!
I don't know about you, reader, but I want to walk
every moment in the comfort of my loving Papa.

Pauls prayer for the Thessalonians who were under
great persecution:
"Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, 
even our Father, who has loved us and has 
given us everlasting consolation and good hope 
through grace, comfort your hearts, and establish 
you in every good word and work."

What a benediction! Let it roll around in your spirit
that you might find comfort in your greatest need.


No comments: