Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day Two; Hope

I keep bumping into the word hope. It is
everywhere in scripture!

"We give thanks to God always for all of you, 
constantly mentioning you in our prayers, 
remembering before our God and Father your 
work of faith and labor of love and 
steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1Thes 1:3)

Paul gives thanks to God for them because of
  • Their work of faith
  • Their labor of love
  • Their steadfastness of hope
I lost a dear friend a few months ago, but in the
midst of my sorrow comes the hope that I will
see Janet again. Hope based on truth.

I have a long standing grief over a one way
relationship but because I am in Christ I can
persevere in the loving-- well-- most of the
time.It is hard work. My hope is not based
on his changing but on God who is my hope.

Elisabeth Elliot died at age 98. I found a recent
photo and saw God's imprint in her face.
Elisabeth walked a life of loving, serving and
losing, but in the losing she remained steadfast
in hope. I need, we need, to be around people
who live hope in the now.

"...and hope does not disappoint, because 
the love of God has been poured out within 
our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was 
given to us." (Rom 5:5)

Reader, your hope is not based on your feelings
or your circumstances, but on God's love for
you.




No comments: