Friday, June 12, 2015

A Word of Hope

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future
and a hope. (Jer 29:11

God has plans for me. The living God, the creator of
the universe, has plans for me, today--and in the future.
Plans for welfare, not evil. Peace, wholeness, health,
fullness, satisfaction, rest, completeness, stability,
hope. Hope that is based on truth. Hope that will not
disappoint. Hope that brings comfort to my soul.
He holds my future. I am His, only His. He holds
onto me when the waves crash and I am helpless
having lost my grip.

Dear Papa, I forget. I even accuse You of doing bad
things to me. I may be sinking in the rapids of life, but
You have said that I have a future. In You I have hope.
I look at the now but you see events from an eternal
perspective. I cannot measure good from the perspective
of the now. Seal this Word of Hope into my very being.
May those who read this renew their hope.

No comments: