Monday, October 21, 2013

Called by Name

As I continued reading through the book of
Isaiah, I came across a favorite passage:

"But now, thus says the Lord, Your creator,
O Jacob.
And He who formed you, O Israel,
'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!'
'When you pass through the waters, I will
be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow
you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not
be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior...'"
(Isaiah 43:1-3)

The prophet is speaking directly to His people,
Israel, but you can put your name into this verse
for God has redeemed you through the blood of
His dear Son. He did the following for you:
  • He has formed you
  • He has redeemed you
  • He has called you by name
  • He calls you, "My own."
Because you belong to Him, He has promised to:
  • Be with you
  • Save you from flooding waters
  • keep you from harm in the fires of life
I don't know about you dear reader, but I have 
to go back again and again to the promises of 
God. My life is full of unknowns at present and
I have to get my eyes off of my circumstances 
and on to the One who loves me best.

Dear reader, has Jesus redeemed you
through His blood?

STORIES:






No comments: