Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Excellent Ones

"As for the Saints in the land,
they are the excellent ones,
in whom is all my delight."  
(Psalm 16:3)

David is sitting before the Lord recounting the
events and the years leading up to his becoming
king. One person after another comes to mind.
You see, David never fought a battle alone. There
were at least 600 men of all stripes who came to help
him; men of great courage who did mighty deeds.
(See "David's mighty men" in 1Chronicles 11:10-47)
These men worshiped the God of Abraham, Isaac,
and Jacob. These were David's companions. These
were David's friends.

I sit before the Lord as woman after woman comes
to mind. How they have graced my life. "These are 
the excellent ones in whom is all my delight!" My
girl friends. Gifts every one. Joy bubbles up!

stories:


No comments: