Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Continually

"I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be moved." (Psalm 16:8)

How does one set the Lord before him
continually? How did David do this? He
lived before the cross; we live after the cross
and God dwells within us. How many
Christians "pray without ceasing?" Ouch!
That seems impossible in our busy, chaotic
lives. I find that I do better when I focus on
God through His Word in the morning. Then
I take bits of scripture with me. I share my
thoughts with Him throughout the day. He is
always present, even if I am not present to
Him. My thoughts go wild, but if I look up
instead of at the issue, Jesus comes back into
focus. I see this as a choice in the moment and
these moments add up to abiding in the Vine.

What are the results?
"I will not be shaken," when night falls.

And, yes, reader, I am not there yet, but
God knows my heart.





No comments: