Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Warning--DANGER AHEAD!


“See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty
deceit, according to human traditions, according to elemental
principles of the world, and not according to Christ.” Col. 2:8

So what would be examples of “philosophy,“ empty deceit” and 
“human traditions?”

1 God is irrelevant to life.
2  Political Correctness
3  "We have always done it this way."
4  "You have to compromise your core beliefs, or you are a bigot." 
5  "We can all work together for the common good."
6  "As long as you do your best, you please God." 

There are many other ideas floating around in our culture. Even if you
are “in Him,” Paul says you can be taken captive and rendered ineffective.
I am so prone to being deceived as the world’s thinking can really look good,
which is why I have to go back to God for His perspective. God has always 
shown me the truth about any given argument when I take the time to ask 
Him, and even when I don’t. He wants me to live, “according to Christ,” and
not according the the world's thinking.


To see my stories, Click here


No comments: