Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Heart of Wisdom


So teach us to number our days,
that we may get a heart of wisdom. 
        (Ps 90:12)
I read the word, “so,” and it takes me back to what?
It takes me back to previous verses showing that man 
is fragile and does not live very long.
When I was young I thought I would not die; that
life would progress at a steady pace; that everything would
be the same--forever!  Well, by the time I finished nursing school 
everything began to shift. Change can happen slowly, almost 
imperceptibly, or it can be severe and immediately life altering. 
Regardless, by the time one is 70, changes are not subtle!
Moses is saying here that we need to take the time to realize
how fast time goes, as this leads to wisdom.
Papa, show me what really matters in life!
Check out my stories, click here

No comments: