Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day Twelve

The following week:  Last night I talked with the Web Master about what I wanted and what it would cost. Peace comes. Today I continue with my reading through the book of Isaiah. The morning chapter begins with the first verse of Is. 60:
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
And the glory of the Lord has risen upon you,
For behold, darkness will cover the earth,
But the Lord will rise on you,
And, His glory will appear upon you.
The first time I remember reading the chapter was many years ago. It was during a time that I was going into our church at 6AM to pray.  One morning as I sat in the back of the church in the pre-dawn dusk, the sun rose above the horizon and flooded the back of the church where I was sitting.  His glory was all I could think about and I left that place full rather than empty.  It was dark when I entered; I walked out into the light. There is nothing that the closeness of God will not heal.

No comments: