Thursday, November 17, 2011

His Glorious Indwelling



Today I read in Isaiah 66: 1,2:  Thus says the Lord, “Heaven is My throne, and the earth is my footstool.  Where is the house you could build for me?  Where is a place that I might rest.”
So many thoughts go through my mind and I can’t go any further.   I ponder the size of God; SO BIG.  How could a mere temple contain Him? But then He speaks of a place where He can rest. Who would have thought that God would want a place, a place of rest?  I am undone.   God is so huge that all of heaven is His throne and all of earth is a footstool?  BUT, scripture says that He dwells IN ME:
  • “Christ in you the hope of glory.”  Col. 1:27
  • “In Him all the fulness of the Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete.”  Col. 2:9,10
  • “I in them and You in Me...”John 17:23
  • “....Body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.”  ICor. 7:19
This does not compute.  Heaven is His throne and yet scripture plainly reveals that God dwells in me.  
I sit with Him in silence and then,
“Dearest Papa,   I am in spiritual shock.  Enlighten the eyes of my heart.  I want to know the One whose throne is in heaven, whose footstool is earth; who has found a dwelling place, a place of rest, in me.  My mind cannot comprehend this, but my spirit leaps for joy!”

No comments: