Friday, November 11, 2011

Day Thirteen

Today I am in chapter 61 and another confirmation for this web site leaps out at me--don’t you love how gracious the Lord is? It is a scripture found in the Old Testament and quoted by Jesus in the New Testament.  Jesus IS the Word and so Old or New, it is all Jesus!   I find that He confirms His will to me when He calls me to do something new, especially when it is beyond my ability. He usually speaks first of all through His Word, and then in other ways which gives me confidence that He will be glorified.  This morning I am in Isaiah 61:
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the Lord has anointed me,
To bring good news to the afflicted,
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
and freedom to prisoners;
To proclaim the favorable day of the Lord
And the day of vengeance of our God; 
To comfort all who mourn,
To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
So they will be called Oaks of Righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, THAT HE MAY
BE GLORIFIED.
Today the thing is settled.  He has so filled me in the last few years, but He has shut every door to sharing this fulness except for a few precious women.  As I entered into my 70th year this past summer, I could not imagine that God had anything more for me. I even wondered if He would not let me go to heaven which is a place that is very real to me.  But no, He had a huge surprise waiting for me; a surprise that will spill over to encourage and change many. How neat is that????

No comments: