Friday, March 16, 2018

Insights in the Light

While ye have light, believe in the light
John 12:36

We all have moments when we feel better than
our best, and we say--"I feel fit for anything; if 
only I could be like this always." Those mo-
mets are moments of insight which we have to 
live up to when we don't feel like it. We must
bring our commonplace life up to the standard
revealed in the high hour. 

Never allow a feeling which was stirred in you
in the high hour to evaporate. Act immediately,
do something, if only because you would rather
not do it. We have to learn to live in the grey 
day according to what we saw on the mount.
Oswald Chambers

Reader, this blog is an example. After the first
four months I decided I had had enough and I
quit. It soon became apparent that this project
was not my idea. In the grey days I have to go
back to the moment when it was clear that this
was God's plan--not mine. I have been blogging
for six years...

No comments: