Friday, October 21, 2016

Enoch--A Not

"And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for
God took him." Gen 5:20

OR, 'Enoch walked with God and he was a 'not.'

The message we hear today is how to be somebody
for God. It is all about excelling in the works of
God; to be great in the kingdom of God. I have sat
under this kind of teaching for most of my life.

Consider Enoch. What did he accomplish for God in
his 365 years? NOThing is recorded. Did he feel like
a 'not?' However, no one else in scripture suddenly
vanished like Enoch, without fanfare, without notice.
Did Enoch change dimensions because of a unique
relationship with his Creator?

Reader, the greatest of us can't live the Christian life.
We are all on the same playing field. Everyone of us
is helpless to live the Christian life out of our own
gifts, resources. Each of us has far more than Enoch
could have dreamed of. Every born again Christian
contains the Creator of the Universe--Jesus Christ!

Paul says: "Whatever things were gain to me, these
things I have counted loss for the sake of Christ."
(Philippians 3:7)

Jesus says: "I am the vine, you are the branches; he
who abides in Me, and I in Him, he bears much fruit;
for apart from me, you can do NOThing. (John 15:5)


No comments: