Thursday, April 21, 2016

Identity

Yesterday I shared a little of my testimony,
so if you missed it, you may want to turn
back the page! I continue:

About ten years ago I discovered verses that
blew me away and which have put me on a
new journey. Romans 5-8 came alive. In
Romans 6 I discovered that God put me into
Jesus so that when He went to the cross and
died, I died; when He was buried my "old 
man" was buried; when He was raised I was
raised to new life. I am a new creation! 

I have been--past tense--crucified with Christ--
Gal 2:20. All things have become new. But, as
I discovered, the thing that has not died is my
flesh. Flesh is the way we get life apart from
Christ. I used flesh to survive until the Lord
came into my life. These fleshly patterns are
like green highways and are still available. So,
the battle is now with the world, the flesh, and
the devil. I can't kill the flesh, but as I
surrender all to the sovereign God, He kills it.
The principle of sin still dwells within, but it is
more like a splinter in that although it is in me,
it is not me.
My identity is in Christ.

Reader, many of you have not even heard that
you are a new creation in Christ now. We think
we will become new creations at our death,
but that is not what scripture says. So, take the
time to mull this over. Read the scriptures for
yourself and I will continue to expand these
concepts in the next few blogs.

"If the Son shall set you free, you shall be 
free indeed."
the truth shall set you free
you have been set free from sin
the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ.
You were called to freedom

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand
firm therefore, and do not submit again to
a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1



No comments: