Thursday, December 3, 2015

Incompetent, Uncaring, Powerless

Yesterday caught me by surprise early in the day as I
received a message of failure, loss and turned inward
to the worst sort of self-centeredness: self-pity. I
turned away from Life and bought the lie that God
is incompetent, uncaring and powerless. That IS what
we believe when we get caught up in the 'woe is me'
syndrome.

This morning I dove into Ephesians 1:15-23 in
preparation for the class on Sunday. (Honestly I am
not making this up.) Here is the gist of it:

That you may KNOW

  • The hope to which you are called
  • The riches of his glorious inheritance
  • The immeasurable greatness of His power
Well, I bowed my head, confessed and repented.
Repentance means to turn around and go the other
way. I turned from myself to Him whom my soul
loves. I confessed self-pity and the implication of 
the belief that God is powerless. Joy, confidence are 
restored. Wonderful!

No comments: