Tuesday, March 17, 2015

He Blew It

Not having righteousness that comes from the law.

Paul does not stand before God righteous because he
was so good at keeping all 800 or so of the Jewish laws.
If I am living by the Jewish law or the Christian law it
becomes all about me. If I am living in the truth that I
am in Christ and therefore righteous, it is all about Him.
Once Paul focused daily on God's commandments.
Elated when he performed well, devastated inside when
he blew it. He had to keep raising the bar, even to the
killing of Christians, in order to be good. The law brings
us into bondage. The letter kills. Jesus said, "If the 
Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed."

Papa--No matter what it looks like, no matter what it
feels like, I am alive to You, alive in You, alive to Life!
I am secure now and for all eternity. My emotions go
crazy at times, so easily deceived by circumstances
and my response to same. I choose to believe You
today.

No comments: