Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Creation Waits

The Hummingbird I so enjoyed is gone; the ducks have
vanished and the lake is now empty of life on the surface.
Even the petunia's I planted last week look sick. Did I water
them enough or too much; is it a pest of some sort? Even
more difficult is the suffering experienced by those who
live in the mid-west, who have gone through days of
strong storms which have resulted in loss of life and property.

I went into Romans eight beginning with the 18th verse
and found great comfort today:

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time not
worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to
us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the
revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected
to futility...,in hope that the creation itself will be set free
from its bondage to decay and obtain the freedom of the 
glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole
creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth."

I see two things here: When man sinned the creation began
to suffer bondage and decay. When the sons of God are revealed,
the creation will be set free. Both creation and the children of
God will be set free at the same time. Glory! I can hardly wait!!!

If I had the choice of only one chapter in the Bible, I would
choose Romans 8. Maybe I will tackle it one of these days....

No comments: