Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Slippery Ground


Asaph’s heart is distressed and grieved because the 
wicked seem to get off scott free. He does not see justice. 
Since he has no place to go for answers, he turns to his 
God--listen:

“...when I tried to understand all this, it was 
oppressive to me, till I entered the sanctuary of God; 
then I understood their final destiny.

Surely You place them on slippery ground
You cast them to ruin
How suddenly are they destroyed.”
(Ps 73:17-19)

God places the wicked on slippery ground; in a moment, 
they are gone. Jonathan Edward’s in his famous book, 
Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God, speaks of the 
wicked who hang by a thread over an empty pit.  
I am reminded of the recent story where a sleeping man 
was swallowed by the earth--no place is “safe.” Reader, 
do you know where you will find yourself after you die? 
Trust Jesus today for salvation.

check out my website: 
www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com


No comments: