Monday, February 11, 2013

God Has Dumped on Me


Chapter 6--the Message

“The arrows of God almighty are in me, poisoned arrows--
I’m poisoned all through!
God has dumped the whole works on me...
Do you see what God has dished out for me?
It’s enough to turn anyone’s stomach.
Everything in me is repulsed by it--
It makes me sick.

When desperate people give up on God Almighty, 
their friends, at least should stick with them.
But my brothers are fickle as a gulch in the desert--
one day they’re gushing with water…then dry as a bone...
You pretend to tell me what's wrong with my life,
but treat my words of anguish as so much hot air.

Job is mad clear through.
He is mad at God and mad at his friends. 
The Message gives us straight up mad in modern English.
Is God listening? You bet He is!



No comments: